Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I am my Philosophy

One of the sweetest features of being a Nursing student is having "hot" summer classes. I am not being sarcastic here, but rather, I am trying to look at the brighter things of Life. Anyways, if I really want to become a nurse, then, I should have teh enthusiasm over all this, should I not? :) So much from these.

Summer classes started last April 12 (ehem.). Neglecting the other significance of the date, the school ambiance was just right: quiet and peaceful, relaxing, friends everywhere, and soothing (har.) But nonetheless, summer classes are not that boring at all (for me, at least), since you'll be having lots of fun in school with your classmates, new classmates, old classmates, friends, and more. It's how you make each day as exciting and as enjoying as a day in Bora that makes the difference. :)

One of the subjects I am taking up this summer is PHILOSOPHY, a subject that interests me equally well(p.s. Health Assessment and Physics will be given a special allocation in this blog too, only, I met Philosophy first. According to my schedule, that is.) It's a subject, err, a science, really, ahm, an art. Blah. Philosophy is something you just don't take to pass the summer semester. It's something one has to experience.

The summer semester is yet to unfold, and yet, I could tell, from the readings I have made, that Philosophy is something we have inside of us, but oftentimes we take it for granted. I have always asked myself the questions Philosophy is yet to answer: Who am I? Why am I here. Answering these questions with plain triviality is never answering the questions at all.

The challenge is set clear: We are our philosophy. Whatever our insights are, and how we use them is exactly what will define our humanity. Our being. Our existence. Take time to contemplate on what your insights are, how you would want to live your life, and begin to discover an indispensible truth: You are your Philosophy.

No comments: